About the Role
Start Date: July 04, 2022
8 Week Contract, 35 Hrs/week @ $16/hr
Funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program
This Social Service Worker position is an entry level role that is intended to provide work experience to a youth (30 years of age or younger) in the social services sector.
The Performing Arts Lodges (PAL) Toronto is a unique community. A not-for-profit, charitable organization offering affordable housing and improved living conditions for those in the performing arts professions and allied industries. Many are at some stage of retirement while others continue to work on stage, film, television, and radio. PAL Toronto is seeking a compassionate person to assist and learn from the onsite Health Care Coordinator.
PAL is committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion. Applicants, from under-represented communities, are encouraged to apply.
Candidate should have a basic understanding of legislation & Framework:
Ontario Works Act & Ontario Disability Support Program Act
Mental Health Act, Health Care Consent Act, & Substitute Decision Act
Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)
Trauma informed & Harm reduction
Anti-oppressive & Anti-racist
- Completed or currently enrolled or in an accredited community college, social work program
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Effective time management
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to work with Microsoft software
- Develop helping relationship
- Case Management duties; including, assessment, care planning, evaluation, medication, referrals, home visits, etc.
- Advocate on the behalf of clients in supporting them through their journey
- Complete required documentation and data entry in accordance with policy
- Assist with inhouse lunch and pantry program
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Canada Summer Jobs Application.